Where to fly into:
You have 3 options when flying into the area:
1. Hamilton International Airport (a smaller airport approx. 20
minutes from us)
2. Pearson International Airport (Toronto's largest airport about
60 minutes from us)
3. Buffalo International Airport (about 1 1/2 hours from us)
(click to enlarge)
here for an interactive map from Mapquest
here for current weather and five day forecast
From the west: Take Hwy # 401 E
to Woodstock where you will get on Hwy #403 going east towards
Brantford and Hamilton. If you are staying at the Comfort Inn,
get off at Hwy #24 and go south to the hotel (which is on your
If you are staying at the Day's Inn go to the next
exit "Wayne Gretzky Pkwy" and turn left. If you are
coming to camp, stay on the #403 and get off at the Cainsville
exit (Garden Ave). At the top of the ramp turn right.
This will take you to the lights at the intersection
at Hwy 2/53. Turn left here and follow the hwy until you see the
amber light at Dunmark Road. Turn left at Dunmark Road and go
to the end & Say Yes Dog Training.
From the east: take Hwy #401 West
to Toronto until Hwy #403 towards Hamilton. Take the 403 (it will
merge with the Q.E.W. (Queen Elizabeth Way)) past where it splits
off towards Niagara Falls. You want to stay in the right lane
& on Hwy #403 to Hamilton.
Take this highway all the way past Hamilton, If
you are staying at the Comfort Inn or Day's Inn, stay on this
highway until you see the exit for Wayne Gretzky Pkwy or Hwy #24
If you are coming straight to our place, get off
Hwy #403 at the Wilson Street exit for Ancaster. At the top of
the ramp turn left towards Brantford. Take Wilson Street (which
merges with hwy 53 to form 253).
This will lead you past the Maple Farms Motel on the right, past
Walmart (really inexpensive once you convert the American dollar)
and Tim Hortons Donuts (the best coffee in the world) on your
This road will cross Hwy 52 (there is a set of lights
here) continue on straight to the small village of Alberton. There
is an amber light in the centre of the village, about 100 metres
beyond this is Dunmark Road. Follow Dunmark Road to the end &
Say Yes Dog Training.
From Toronto (Pearson) International Airport:
Take the Hwy #427 South from the airport until you come to Hwy
#401 West. Take this to Hwy #403 west to Hamilton and follow directions
From Niagara Falls Area: Take the
Q.E.W (Queen Elizabeth Way) past Hamilton and over Lake Ontario
(the Sky Way Bridge). The highway will split either going to Toronto
(you don't want that) or back towards Hamilton on Hwy #403 (you
do want that). Once on the 403 follow the directions above.
From Buffalo Airport:
- Head Southwest on Luiz F Kahl Way towards Genesse St.
- Slight right at RT - 33 W (signs for RT-33W/Niagara Falls/I-90/New York Thruway/Buffalo)
- Take the exit onto I-90 East/New York State Thruways E towards Albany/Niagara Falls/I-290
- Take exit 50 to merge onto I-290 W/Youngmann Exp towards Niagara Falls
- Take the exit onto I -190 N towards Niagara Falls--this takes you to the border crossing
- Go over the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge into Canada
- Follow on the highway in front of you which is HWY 405 W (towards the QEW ( the QEW is the Queen Elizabeth Way)
- Take QEW E toward Toronto
- Take the Red Hill Creek Expressway exit (I think it is exit 88) (it is about 40 miles from the border the exit before is Fruitland road).
- This will join up with the Lincoln Alexander Parkway (the Linc). This goes all across the top of Hamilton--you will take it to the end.
- Take the 403 W exit towards Brantford (it will be on your left)
- Take the Copetown Road exit and turn left at the top of the ramp
- Go to the light and turn right this will be County Road 2/53. Take this to Dunmark Road
From Comfort Inn Hotel or Day's Inn:
Take Hwy #403 going East towards Hamilton and get off at the Cainsville
exit (Garden Ave). At the top of the ramp turn right. This will
take you to the lights at the intersection at Hwy 2/53. Turn left
here and follow the hwy until you see the amber light at Dunmark
Road. Turn left at Dunmark Road and go to the end & Say Yes
From La Fortune Camp Ground: Take
Hwy 54 West to Road 22, go right. Take this to the end (road 222),
turn left and follow this road to the set of lights at Hwy 2/53.
Turn left here into Alberton. Turn right on Dunmark road and follow
There is a lot to do while in the area, many amusement
parks, A Lion Safari (20 minutes away), Toronto, is only an hour
away, and has anything from Major League Baseball to the Opera.
Canada's Wonderland, our answer to Disney World,
is near Toronto as well as outstanding shopping and a nifty Science
Centre. Niagara Falls with Marineland and Game Farm for the kids
and its Las Vegas style Casinos for the bigger kids is only an
hour away as is Elmira, a Mennonite (Hammish) Community (no Casinos
There are also at least three golf courses within
15 minutes of Say Yes if you happen to be bringing a spouse along.
See map for additional shopping and eating locations.